Monday, March 12, 2012

groovy square.....yep, thats me

Hey there!  I can't believe more than a week has past since I posted.  Sorry. 

I had a card class on Friday and spent all last week getting ready for that.  I just love hanging out with those ladies.  They are so much fun. 

I'm having another card class this Friday and Saturday at my house. Some of the cards will be the same, some will be different.  Here is one that we made and will be making this week too.



Fresh Vintage (SAB set) and Woodgrain.  Crumb cake, very vanilla and soft suede cardstock.  Crumb cake and lucky limeade inks.  Big shot, stripes embossing folder, bird punch, pearls, Everyday Enchantment DSP (SAB), Newsprint DSP,  label framelits, sponging and dimensionals.


This is one of my favorites.  I know at first glance it looks a little plain.  But remember?  I like simple. 

I used the Free DSP from the SAB catalog for the bird body.  I colored some pearls black with a Sharpie to make eyeballs.  The greenery there is also a Free SAB set, Fresh Vintage.  AND the Stripes Embossing folder is also FREE right now during SAB. 

Geez, thats alot of free stuff.

Check out that soft suede piece in the back there...........That is the label framelit.  Check this out,



I realize now that I should have taken a pic of all the framelits.  6 different sizes come in one pack.  They are awesome! 

Anyway, cut out any size framelit you want.  Basic sandwich is this: 

platform on tab 2
cutting pad
cardstock
framelit with ridged side down
cutting pad




You end up with this little cutie




Here comes the clever part.  Take the same framelit and turn it 90 degrees.  Cut again.




See?  Groovy Squares!  The little leftover pieces look like a ponytails hairdo for a girl.  I'm not that inventive with punch art so make up a little girl and use the hair and let me see what you did.  Thanks.

Alrighty then, Bachelor is over tonight.  I'll have to watch it another day.  I just can't stay up that late.  I have a feeling he will pick Courtney.  What a chump! 

Speaking of t.v., let me do a quick little thing about Downton Abbey. 

First of all, loved the ending.  Finally Mary and Matthew can get married.  I know it won't be so easy as that.  Also loved about William's dad asking Daisy to be his daughter.  So sweet!  So happy Bates isn't dead. 

Now here are the parts I have questions about: 
  • I still don't know why Sir Richard was threatening Lavinia.  I realize they are both gone now but I still want to know.
  • Did all the servants know about Robert and Jane?  Is that why they accepted her leaving without question?
  • Is Ethel just gone now?
  • I'm thinking Anna is pregnant but doesn't know it yet.
  • Who killed Vera?
  • What about that guy that said he was Patrick?  I think its weird that he left so suddenly.  I don't think that is over just yet.
  • I thought it was interesting how at the trial, Isobel said to Mrs. Hughes, "Its difficult to lie under oath.  Few of us can manage it."  Hmmmm.......do you need to share something Isobel?
I know I had more than that but its been a few weeks since I watched it.  You can see all of season 1 and 2 on Netflix.  I love it! 

Okay, I'm done now.  Thanks so much for stopping by. 

Blessings, b.

2 comments:

mary noble said...

Hi Beth,
Loved how you used so much SAB free stuff and new stuff from the mini - Since I have that free SAB stuff too and need to make up a swap with stripes, I might be casing this!

BTW I thought the little girl's hairpieces looked like moustaches at first lol.

Mary

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

OMG!!! Thanks for sharing this fabulous tip!!! I love love love it!!!