Tuesday, June 1, 2010

bag tags



I like summer TV.  Last night I watched both new episodes of the Bachelorette.  I love the Bachelorette!  The hubs practically has convulsions when it comes on. I know its dumb to get so sucked into it.  But I'm so glad Craig M. went home last night.  My personal favorite is Chris L.  And the weatherman has got to go! 

Okay, enough TV talk.  (But you can tell me who your favorite guy is on Bachelorette.  Shhh......I won't tell anyone.) 

Stamping talk:
I had a hard time deciding on the bag tags for my customers last month.  I made 3 designs to choose from. 





#1

Elements of Style (summer mini) and Itty Bitty Backgrounds. Kraft (crumb cake), soft suede and whisper white cardstock.  Black Stazon, old olive, more mustard, bashful blue and soft suede inks.  Aquapainter, Scallop Square die and dimensionals.


This one was my original plan but it took too long to color everything in to mass produce.  So I made 1. I messed up the sentiment so to cover up my boo boo, I used the Itty Bitty Backgrounds to add splotchy dots everywhere.  Now you can't see my mistake at all!  Genius huh?   I may somehow turn it into a card.



#2



Inspired by Nature and Trendy Trees.  Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Early Espresso and Whisper white cardstock.  Old olive, bashful blue, Versamark and Black Stazon.  2 step bird punch, dimensionals, Scallop Square die.


How do you like those new colors, huh?  This one is my favorite.  But I feel like I've used the bird punch so much that I wanted something different and something from the Summer Mini.  So I'll save this for something else.



#3



Watercolor Trio (Summer Mini).  Crumb cake and watercolor cardstock.  Old olive and regal rose markers, Versamark and Black Stazon inks.  Scallop Square die, water mister. 


This is the one I ended up going with.  It looks a little plain here but its really pretty in real life.  Heres what you do to get this watercolor look without watercoloring. 

Use either watercolor paper or the Shimmer white cardstock.  I used my markers to color the stamp and then stamped.  Then I spritzed it with water.  If you see that its going to start bleeding too much you can use your heat gun to dry it up quickly.  Easy!

Okie dokie then.  Did you see that Stampin' Up! put out the Last Chance Lists today?  Check them out;





The accessory list is changing rapidly.  They are running out of stuff so fast!  So if you see something you like you can go here to put in an order or give me a holler and I'll help you out. 

Alright, this old broad is going to bed.  I need my beauty sleep.  HA!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings, b.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the birdie is my fave! keep up the great work B!
lacie