Monday, May 24, 2010

baby fishies or fishy babies?

Hey stampers,
I'm sick.  I don't feel good.  Someone send reinforcements!  One of my kinders was kind enough to share his cold with me.  Little booger. 

Saturday we had the last concert for band.  Look at my handsome baby


The last concert of the season is called Music Under the Stars.  Its outside, under the stars.  Get it? 



It was cold and really windy.  They sounded great though.  We also found out that we finally hired a new director for next year.  YIPPEE!   


Anyway, a friend of mine needed an idea for an underwater themed baby shower card.  So this weekend I'd been playing around with ideas.  I had 2 ideas floating around.  What do you think?


Card #1:


"baby" from All Year Cheer II (retired a million years ago).  Whisper white, gable green, green galore and tempting turquoise cardstock.  Green galore and tempting turquoise inks.  Wide oval punch, scallop edge punch, 2 step bird punch, 1/2", 3/4" and 1 1/4" circle punches, 1/4" circle punch, black journaler marker, cutter kit and dimensionals.


This one looks hard but is really easy to do. 




I used the scissor part of the cutter kit.  Makes awesome waves!



I used the wing from the 2 step bird punch to make the fins.  Fancy fins!  I feel like I'd like to so something different with his eye but I don't know what. 




I used green for the fish because then you could use it for a boy or a girl. Green Galore and Gable Green are both being retired so if you like 'em, you better order 'em now. 


Card #2:



"baby" from All Year Cheer II (retired a million years ago) and Fishy Friends (retired a million years ago) and Inspired by Nature ( I used something current!).  Whisper white, tempting turquoise and watercolor paper.  Tempting turquoise, brilliant blue, Melon mambo, Not quite navy, summer sun, old oilve and black Stazon. Aquapainter, 1 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4" circle punches, dazzling diamonds, 2 way glue pen and dimensionals.

Rainbow Fish!!  

Again, it looks kinda complicated but its really not.  It didn't come out quite like I had envisioned.  I wanted the fish to be more vibrant.  I used Tempting Turquoise and did a wash on the watercolor paper.  Then went back after it was dry and washed Not Quite Navy over the bottom part.   



I don't have any "welcome baby" or " happy new baby" or smaller "congratulations" stamps so I had to go with "baby".  Its all good.





Can you see the glitter on here?  He is pretty glittery really.  Why does Rainbow Fish have a yellow lip?  It just doesn't seem to go.  But lookee, he really does!



Robin says it does go, its just on mine, it looks stuck up and sassy.  Oh well, I gotta work with what I got. 


Okay, thats all for the fish.  Fancy Pants, let me know if you have any questions or need a different idea. 


The new catalogs are going live July 1st.  Let me know if you'd like a copy.  I'll be preordering them this week.  I also have a few extra 2009-2010 catalogs left over too.  Let me know if you'd like one. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I'm going to go drown my sorrows in Nyquil now.

Blessings, b.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's probably too late for my O-pinion, but I'm not loving the Rainbow Fishy Guy as much as I am the Bug-Eyed Fishy Guy!! Just thought I would share!!!

Marilee