Friday, September 28, 2012

watercolor blossoms

Happy Friday!  I've got a special weekend planned and I can't wait for it to start.  I have to go to work first though :(  But it is payday :)

Remember a few weeks ago when I was trying to get thank you cards made?  Well, I actually did and got them mailed out.  I just forgot to show you. 

Ready to see?



Blooming with Kindness and A Word for You sets.  Crumb cake, naturals white and watercolor paper.  Black Stazon and crumb cake inks, rose red, more mustard and always artichoke watercolor crayons.  Baja breeze seam binding, linen thread, big shot, window frames framelits, vintage wallpaper embossing folder and dimensionals.

I love how these turned out.  I guess they were worth the wait, eh?  I hope my friends think so anyway.


 

I colored directly onto the stamp then misted with water.  I used the rose red crayon first on the whole bloom.  Then layered more mustard and colored the stem.  Then sprayed with water and let it sit for a few seconds so the colors would mix a little.  Then stamped on the watercolor paper. 

I love how each one came out slightly different. 




For the bow, I took a length of ribbon and tied a knot in the middle.  Then punched a 1/8 hole right on the stem and threaded my ribbon through.  So the knot stayed in the back.  This bow isn't going anywhere! 




Of course I ran out of the baja breeze seam binding and so I used some of the rose red seam binding (I LOVE the seam binding).  I'm not sure which color I like better. 


Okay, one last one. 




This uses all the same supplies but with a strip of embossed Baja Breeze cardstock. 

So there ya go.  Get out your crayons and give them some love. 

Alrighty then.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  I'll share about mine next week. Thanks so much for stopping by and checking in.

Blessings, b.

4 comments:

mary noble said...

I love all these cards and how you misted the stamps with water using two colors - I looked real hard to see the mustard :-) I really like the last one with that embossed strip behind it....I think I could try these and not have them look too shabby lol How's the college girl doing? Mary

Creative Juice by Loni said...

This is one of my favorite sets and you make them shine!

Kristin Moore said...

Just beautiful! I love the Rose ribbon with the flower. Congrats- you won Shelli's contest!

GirlGeek101 said...

You did a wonderful job! One of my favorite techniques! Hugs-Audrie